Melusi



This project is an experiment of different paper mediums and photography turned into motion, thepaper may vary from, archival, silk, fabric and other printing mediums. The reason for this experiment is
to reinterpret and relive my experience through printing, collaging and photography. This body of work
is communicating my spiritual excursion or communications with my father’s ancestors, this publication
functions as a blueprint for me as I am trying to navigate my spiritual lineage though ceremonies that
are performed in my father’s side, this serves as a performance that can be relived in a book, this
publication functions as verbal, motion and printed messages that can co-exist with our reality.

My work explores the fantasies we hold dearly in our hearts and mind, they exist in the intangible world,
we cannot express them physically however we can briefly experience them. These are type of fantasies
we cannot touch them, maybe we can try to cherish them, they keep us on our toe, they inspire and let
us survive each day differently. I’m interested in those brief moments that excite u, that make us
different, sometimes we aspire to defy gravity while we also want show our body movement.
I’m interested on the out of body experience, things that don’t exist in the physical world, our wishes,
the spaces that influence us and objects and pieces that make us have a different perspective. This is a
conversation with our surrounding, how does a milli-second look like in a photograph, how do we even
slow down movement into something that is tangible in the physical world.
The notion of laws that govern the human nature are vital, however I’m exploring gravity, and
translating it into ‘antigravity’ and to stop and pause while we are in the air its very inspiring since we
are confined in the world of our careers, financial issues and other circumstances that keep us
contained. With this body of work, I want to create a world of no gravity and to access other energies
that exist outside our body.

Comments

  1. Perhaps the presence of your project in this virtual space, where you are performing and I am interrogating the work, has already changed the essence of the work. Will you let the dialogue have the benefit of any change in your thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fascinated by your notion of anti-gravity and allowing in other energies.... can/do you link this to the notion of the Self as 'Other'? I'm working my way into awareness opening connection to Other, including ETs... refer to Dr. Greer https://livinglifefearless.co/2020/features/ce5-making-alien-contact-through-meditation/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Esther here. I’m very interested in your spiritual excursions and navigation of spiritual lineage though ceremonies . I think your description of your work is really inspiring and powerful as Is image you chose. I felt it’s power immediately

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting conceptual, static photo of the performer, but interesting description, does not explain anything.It's a shot in a different direction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

comments are now disabled for this dialogue

Popular posts from this blog

Demeter Dykes

Esther Sabetpour

Mila Romans