Eva Marschan Hayes


I am a visual artist and poet interested in the experience and process of creating. My work is
driven by my love of play, my curiosity and a deep feeling of connectiveness with nature and
all there is. When I am creating, I usually feel in the flow. Sometimes my body plays a part in
the creation process. Depending on the situation, I perform for the camera or use my camera
for a self-portrait. Either way, initiating the process happens spontaneously. Sunlight, a
moody sky, my shadow, or something in the environment can spark excitement and set in
motion the creation of an image. I may collaborate with my partner or with an artist friend,
who is with me at the time, or if I am alone use my camera. Themes usually evolve during
the creation process. They depend on my emotions at the time, my imagination and/or
intuition. Recurrent themes (with a series of images & poems) are titled “All things must
pass” “My life before” “Joy of life” and “My Shadow”


The image is from my series “My life before” and this poem comes with it.
Frozen Moment
Oh,
it looks so familiar,
like I have been here before
it must have been a long time ago.
how can I travel back?
How only can I travel back in time?


I close my eyes,
and see no more,
sweet scents
music plays
someone touching my cheek,
a gentle voice whispers.
It seems from far away.
Come back here, come back to stay.


I must have travelled 100 years back in time.
But
I have only been flying by,
all years, all hours, all days,
all moments run, they pass and die.

Comments

  1. This is a very poetic, moody photo. which resembles the movie frame. Picture of full anxiety, mystery and the question raises what will happen in this presented space?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

comments are now disabled for this dialogue

Popular posts from this blog

Demeter Dykes

Esther Sabetpour

Rachael Rutherford