Lar MacGregor

... a self representation in the sense that I am attempting to find myself within the landscape...my place, my 'self'... there is a neuroscientist: Damasio, and his model of consciousness shows a route to accessing memory and extended functions such as language processing, and through this model, the extended consciousness then emerges. This is what I was trying to capture in the image that I am sending you....just in case. The accompanying words are as follows.


'I am tree. In my canopy the world whispers, roots rest in the darkness, but do not lose themselves there. They struggle with all the strength of their life force for one thing only: to live according to the laws laid down by leaf and bud. I am tree. I listen. I can learn truth, undeterred by the particulars of life; I trust that my labours are borne out. A kernel of a thought escaping as I stand uneasy, before my own childish thoughts. I am tree. I speak...but I do not always listen. I am tree. I am home. I have all that I need. I am happiness. I am tree.'

Comments

  1. I have read this a few times. ……This is just beautiful. Thank you, Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eva! You just never quite know if your work resonates or confuses :)

      Delete
  2. this is a striking image and the metal trumpet device seems to be open to both speaking and listening, words and sounds coming from both inside and outside....really thoughtful, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

comments are now disabled for this dialogue

Popular posts from this blog

Demeter Dykes

Esther Sabetpour

Rachael Rutherford