Niko Mitsuko


I am an artist/Photographer. I would be interested in sharing my work as I work in light painting photography. The artwork I'm sharing is a self portrait and part of my ongoing series "The Air We Breath"
Light painting or light drawing ,as I use it, using light as 'paint' and the camera as a canvas with the intent to create a work of art or create an image that 'normally' wouldn't exist. Or in the case of this series, making the invisible 'Air' visible.

The work is titled "Being devoured by the Abyss" where instead of showing what we normally see in the real world, I've taken the opposite and made the energy or air surrounding us visible thus show the 'dark matter' in the world and emphasising the way we can be enveloped by our surroundings, and hopefully drawing a connections to the importance of our surroundings even to the thing we cannot see, ie Air.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful image. Certainly I find the very atmosphere of a particular place can feel claustrophobic on occasion, and therefore I feel an affinity with your words 'the way we can be enveloped by our surroundings'. Was there any performative aspect to the process of making this work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'm excited to know that it carries over to the visually aspect and not just words.
      A performance was not really part of this, but as an artist we are all performers in some aspect. The painting doesn't always come out how I would like it to, so I have to do it again and again until I feel satisfied with what I'm trying to accomplish, in this aspect of it, it's like any performance, we rehearse for the final moment(s). Or as my Music teacher would say "we Practice like we Play"

      Delete
  3. The description of the self -portrait photo is convincing and inspiring at the same time. How to present, what do we not really see? This attempt to show ephemeral world has a secret. On the other hand, a computer experimental image was created with a effect repeated by many artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A computer experimental image was created can you expand on that or send a link to what you're talking about. I really would like to see that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

comments are now disabled for this dialogue

Popular posts from this blog

Demeter Dykes

Esther Sabetpour

Mila Romans