Ram Samocha

 

one of my latest images that I did while I was in a residency in France over summer 2022.
I played with posing to the camera while I was working on a large ink drawing on the flour and when I saw this image on the camera I liked it as it had this performative attitude that play on the subject of "the artist at work" and I also liked the classical feeling that this pose have.
Centered, balanced and funny in a way as it is like a new version of Narcissus looking at his own reflection.

Comments

  1. The picture is actually very good, but a bit static. Do you know the group Drawing to Perform. ? There you can see great shots of performers drawing and being in action

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alexandra for your comment. I am the director of Draw to Perform and it is a more static image that I choose here but still a performative one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

comments are now disabled for this dialogue

Popular posts from this blog

Demeter Dykes

Rachael Rutherford

Esther Sabetpour